Specific topics covered in this podcast episode include:
- 1) applicant data from recent years;
- 2) which specialties are most competitive;
- 3) the do’s and don’t’s of matching;
- 4) the most important factors for a good match; and
- 5) examples of good and bad match results.
In honor of this year’s residency match we crunch some serious numbers from the NRMP match results and data report. This data is the most useful tool to measure success in medical school. Despite the huge successes achieved through the residency match many shortfalls still remain.
This year’s version of the NRMP match results data can be downloaded here:
Finally, congrats to all those who matched this year!